Terms & Conditions
Booking terms and conditions
The following booking conditions form the basis of your contract with Wildfoot Travel. Please read them carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations.
Package Holiday Booking Conditions - An exclusive Wildfoot Travel package. All T & C’s can be obtained by clicking here.
Package Holiday Booking Conditions
YOUR CONTRACT IS WITH :
WILDFOOT TRAVEL LTD, a Member of ABTA D2801/ ATOL Y551X
Your holiday contract
When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions. A contract will exist as soon as we issue our confirmation invoice. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions, which are governed by English Law, and the jurisdiction of the English Courts. You may however choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you live there and wish to do so.
Your financial protection
1. We provide full financial protection for our package holidays, by way of our Air Travel Organiser’s Licence number 10628. When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
We will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where we aren’t able do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
If we are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
We are a Member of ABTA, membership number D2801/ATOL Y551X. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. We can also offer you ABTA’s scheme for the resolution of disputes which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. If we can’t resolve your complaint, go to www.abta.com to use ABTA’s simple procedure. Further information on the Code and ABTA’s assistance in resolving disputes can be found on www.abta.com.
Your Holiday Price
- We reserve the right to alter the prices of any of the holidays shown on our Website. You will be advised of the current price of the holiday that you wish to book before your contract is confirmed.
- When you make your booking you must pay a deposit of 20% of the holiday cost. The balance of the price of your travel arrangements must be paid at least 17 weeks before your departure date. If the deposit and/or balance is not paid in time, we shall cancel your travel arrangements. If the balance is not paid in time we shall retain your deposit. The price of your travel arrangements was calculated using exchange rates quoted on the Western Union Website on the relevant booking date in relation to the following currencies: Euros / US Dollars
- Changes in transportation costs, including the cost of fuel taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports and exchange rates mean that the price of your travel arrangements may change after you have booked. However there will be no change within 30 days of your departure. We will absorb and you will not be charged for any increase equivalent to 2% of the price of your travel arrangements, which excludes insurance premiums and any amendment charges. You will be charged for the amount over and above that, plus an administration charge of £1 per person together with an amount to cover agents’ commission. If this means that you have to pay an increase of more than 10% of the price of your travel arrangements, you will have the option of accepting a change to another holiday if we are able to offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value), or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid, except for any amendment charges. Should you decide to cancel: 1) you must do so within 14 days from the date on your final invoice 2) We will provide a refund of insurance premiums paid to us if you can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy. Should the price of your holiday go down due to the changes mentioned above, by more than 2% of your holiday cost, then any refund due will be paid to you. However, please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place.
- All monies you pay to the travel agent are held by him on behalf and for the benefit of the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust at all times. This is subject to the agent’s obligation to pay it to us for so long as we do not fail. If we fail, any money held at that time by the agent, or subsequently accepted from you by him, is and continues to be held on behalf of and for the benefit of the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust without any obligation to pay that money to us.
If You Change Your Booking
If, after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, for example your chosen departure date or accommodation, we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the person who made the booking or your travel agent. You will be asked to pay an administration charge of £50, and any further cost we incur in making this alteration. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible. Note: Certain travel arrangements may not be changeable after a reservation has been made and any alteration request could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
If You Cancel Your Holiday
You, or any member of your party, may cancel your travel arrangements at any time. Written notification from the person who made the booking or your travel agent must be received at our offices. Since we incur costs in cancelling your travel arrangements, you will have to pay cancellation charges as follows:
Period before departure in which you notify us Cancellation charge More than 120 days Deposit only Between 120 – 101 days 90% of holiday cost Within 100 days 100% of holiday cost
Note: If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
If We Change or Cancel Your Holiday
As we plan your holiday arrangements many months in advance we may occasionally have to make changes or cancel your booking and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Changes - If we make a major change to your holiday, we will inform you or your travel agent as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure. You will have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements, accepting an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value), or cancelling your holiday and receiving a full refund of all monies paid. In some cases we will also pay compensation (see below). These options don’t apply for minor changes. Examples of minor changes include alteration of your outward/return flights by less than 12 hours, changes to aircraft type, change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard, changes of carriers. Please note that carriers such as airlines advertised on our website, may be subject to change. Cancellation - We will not cancel your travel arrangements less than 17 weeks before your departure date, except for reasons of force majeure or failure by you to pay the final balance. We may cancel your holiday before this date if, e.g., the minimum number of clients required for a particular travel arrangement is not reached. If your holiday is cancelled you can either have a refund of all monies paid or accept an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us, if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value).In some cases we will pay compensation (see below).
Compensation If we cancel or make a major change we will pay compensation as detailed below except where the major change or cancellation arises due to reasons of force majeure. The compensation that we offer does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so.
IF WE CANCEL OR MAKE A MAJOR CHANGE TO YOUR HOLIDAY
Period before departure in which we notify you Amount you will receive from us More than 121 days £30pp Between 101 – 120 days £40pp Between 100 – 51 days £50pp Less than 50 days £60pp
Force Majeure We will not pay you compensation if we have to cancel or change your travel arrangements in any way because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control. These can include, for example, war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity and its consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, epidemics and pandemics, unavoidable technical problems with transport.
If You Have A Complaint
If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier immediately who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to our Customer Services Department at, Travel House, 133 Gravel Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 6EG, giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. It is strongly recommended that you communicate any complaint to the supplier of the services and complete a report form whilst in resort. If you fail to follow this simple procedure we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst you were in resort and this may affect your rights under this contract. Please also see clause 3 above on ABTA.
Our Liability to You
For package holidays only, we are responsible for ensuring that your package holiday is of a reasonable standard and as described by us to you. If any part fails to reach this standard and affects the enjoyment of your holiday, we will offer reasonable compensation, so long as it is not due to events outside our control. In all cases, our liability will be limited to twice the cost of the part affected.
In addition we accept responsibility for any injury, illness or death arising from the activities booked through us by the fault of any of ourselves, our suppliers or their employees acting in the course of their employment. We will pay compensation equivalent to that which would be awarded in an English court but will not offer compensation if the injury, illness or death is caused by your own fault, the fault of someone unconnected with the package or by an event which could not have been expected or avoided even with all due care. You must report the event that occurs to us and the supplier whilst you are on holiday and write to us as soon as you return. We reserve the right to limit our liability in accordance with International Conventions such as the Warsaw and Montreal Conventions in relation to air travel and the Athens Convention in relation to international sea travel. You may ask us for copies of any relevant Convention if you wish.
Under EU law you may be entitled to compensation from your airline in respect of a prolonged delay, cancellation or denied boarding. Full details will be available at the airport or from the airline but this does not affect the contract you have with us and you will not automatically be entitled to cancel or receive a full refund as a result of a claim against an airline
If you suffer an injury, illness or death due to the actions of those unconnected with the package we have sold, we may at our discretion offer advice and assistance up to maximum value of £5000 per booking form upon your agreement to refund our costs if you successfully make a claim against the person responsible
Data Protection Act 1998
By making a reservation with us you agree to the use and disclosure of the information you provide for the following purposes: to enable us to process your booking (when it may be transferred abroad), if you purchase insurance we may process your information and pass it to insurers, for market research and analysis, to avoid fraud and to enable us to contact you by letter, telephone or e-mail with details of our products or those of our suppliers.
Prompt assistance in resort
If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed as a result of failures attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services, or as a result of failures due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall, and you suffer an injury or other material loss, we will offer you such prompt assistance as is reasonable in the circumstances.
Passport, Visa and Immigration Requirements
Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your package holiday provided by us. For any excursion or other tour that you book, your contract will be with the operator of the excursion or tour and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the excursion or tour or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator.