Galapagos West, Central & East Islands
Galapagos West, Central & East Islands aboard Estrella del Mar
A seven nights in-depth exploration of the Galápagos, including the less visited western islands. You'll witness a nesting site for the flightless cormorant on Isabela Island, walk the Sierra Negra volcano, and catch great views amidst the largest colony of marine iguanas on Fernandina Island, the youngest in the archipelago. With comfortable, air-conditioned cabins – all en-suite and with ocean views, this will be a trip you'll never forget.
Fully refurbished in 2014, this is a comfortable, great value boat with two-level wraparound deck with outdoor seating area on main deck and top level sundeck. Interior dining room on main deck with TV & DVD player for entertainment use. 4 lower deck double-occupancy cabins with port hole. 4 upper deck double-occupancy cabins with window
- 2 nts hotel in Quito
- 7 nts in the Galápagos Islands aboard the Estrella del Mar
- Flights to and from the Galápagos Islands
- Certified Galápagos National Park Service guide
- All landings, excursions, and transportation
- Snorkelling equipment
- Visit to a wildlife interpretation centre
ITINERARY9 Nights 10 Days
- Day 1 | Quito
- Day 2 | Santa Cruz
- Day 3 | Chinese Hat and Rabida Island
- Day 4 | Santiago Island
- Day 5 | Fernandina and Isabela Islands
- Day 6 | Isabela Island
- Day 7 | Isabela Island
- Day 8 | Santa Cruz - Puerto Ayora
- Day 9 | San Cristobel Island
- Day 10 | Quito
Arrive at any time.
Meet fellow travellers at evening briefing session.
Morning flight to Baltra island. Transfer to Puerto Ayora. Afternoon visit to the highlands to visit giant tortoise reserve and lava tunnels.
Chinese Hat and Rabida Island
Spend the morning exploring lava flows and lava tunnels on the small island of Chinese Hat followed by a swim in turquoise waters looking for fish and sea turtles in the protected bay. In the afternoon, explore the red sand beaches and salt water lagoons of Rabida. Look for wading flamingos and nesting pelicans before heading out to do some snorkelling.
In the morning, see the towering cliffs of Buccaneer Cove and watch the hundreds of birds nesting on the edge.
Later, land at Puerto Egas home to the elusive Galápagos hawk. Visit the salt crater as well as a dark-sand beach and tidal pools.
Fernandina and Isabela Islands
Enjoy a morning visit to Punta Espinoza on Fernandina, the youngest of the Galápagos Islands. Witness the large colony of marine iguanas and a variety of bird life. In the afternoon, travel to Urbina Bay, located at the base of Alcedo Volcano on Isabela. Walk the trail to get a view of the caldera and look for colourful land iguanas along the way.
Pay a morning visit to Elizabeth Bay which offers amazing bird and marine life viewing opportunities. Head out on the pangas and explore the shallows and mangroves to look for sea turtles and penguins. In the afternoon, land at Punta Moreno on the southwest coast of Isabela to see lava formations, flamingos, and amazing views of the three most active volcanoes in the Galápagos Islands.
Early landing in the small town of Puerto Villamil before beginning the walk to the Sierra Negra Volcano, which has the largest basaltic caldera in the Galápagos. Later on, visit Las Tintoreras, one of the best places to see sharks, manta rays and other marine wildlife. Choose to visit the wet lands or the tortoise breeding centre in the Puerto Villamil area.
Santa Cruz - Puerto Ayora
Take the morning to explore Puerto Ayora, the largest town in the Galápagos. Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station and catch up on some souvenir shopping - surprisingly, there are few opportunities for this because time is spent exploring the islands. After lunch on board, wal to the beautiful beach at Tortuga Bay. Choose to relax on the white sand or rent a kayak and search for rays and turtles in the shallow waters.
San Cristobel Island
Disembark early and visit the San Cristóbal Interpretation Centre on the island before flying back to Quito. Enjoy an evening in Quito.
Day free for onward or return travel
What Our Customers
• Although we thoroughly enjoyed the Galapagos it was mainland Ecuador which really took us by surprise with such a diversity of landscape and wildlife and incredible hospitality everywhere we went. Our local guides were so knowledgeable and helpful and our driver Manuel had a terrific sense of humour. We had some fantastic birding at both Mashpi, Le Selva and of course our day trip to Paz de Las Aves Reserve where we were lucky enough to see both the ‘Cock of the Rock’ and the giant antipitta. The devil nose train journey was as thrilling as we hoped and we even got lucky with Cotopaxi and got some lovely clear photos so all in all couldn't ask for more.
• This was an excellent trip from start to finish. Bellavista Lodge was a particular favourite of ours, so tranquil and a superb base to watch birds and wildlife while experiencing real Ecuadorian hospitality. Our guide, really knew his stuff and was so passionate about his job ,in fact all the local guides were excellent. I have to say a special word about Juan, our driver, who was so charming and funny, he really added to the overall enjoyment of the trip. The number and variety of birds we saw was amazing and I would have no hesitation in recommending Ecuador to other keen bird watchers.
Fantastic holiday with more wildlife than I was expecting. The Napo Wildlife Centre was wonderful, we were looked after with such care and attention and our guides’ knowledge of the areas’ and flora and fauna was outstanding, what they didn’t know probably wasn’t worth knowing. The food was so varied and they coped amazingly with my food intolerances, better than most European restaurants!!! Waking up to the sound of the howler monkeys will always live with me as will seeing my first Kinkajou, something I’ve wanted to see for a long time. Thank you for an amazing two weeks.
We had an amazing time in the Galapagos, thank you.We really enjoyed ourselves and will certainly come back to you next year.
How WILDFOOT creates your holiday Adventure
Talk to someone who knows. Our specialist consultants are here to help you every step of the way – here’s how..
Talk to a specialist
Visit the wildfoot website for inspiration on your choice of adventures and destinations, then call us and speak to one of our specialists for first hand advice. We can start the planning process straight away, if you are ready.
Create your personal
Your specialist consultant will set the ball rolling and work with you to choose the right itinerary (and the right ship, if you are going to the arctic or antarctic) just for you, to suit your requirements and budget.
Help right up
We will answer any questions about your trip that may arise and, when you have paid your balance (12-15 weeks prior to departure), we will send you your detailed itinerary and go through it with you.
We are still there for you even when you have left home – our partners overseas are there to assist, especially for emergencies and you can contact us at any time in the uk by e-mail or telephone.