Galapagos Sailing Ship Adventure 8 days
Galapagos Sailing Ship Adventure 8 days aboard Mary Anne
A unique and romantic way to explore the Galapagos Islands on board the barquentine rigged sailing ship Mary Anne. This ship has over 1000 square metres of canvas and spends as much time under sail as possible as it travels amongst the islands, discovering the amazing scenery and wildlife. With single and double air-conditioned cabins, wood panelled interiors and great food, this is the ultimate Galapagos experience.
Note: a Western Islands itinerary can be added to form a comprehensive 15 day expedition. Daily itineraries are subject to change depending on local conditions.
Namibia Birding and Photography GuideAn accomplished and experienced Namibia birding and photographic guide, Toni holds a Namibia Academy for Tourism and Hospitality Level 3 qualification (the highest level attainable in Namibia) and is widely renowned for her extensive knowledge of the cultures, ornithology, flora, astronomy and wildlife of the country. Read more >
Falklands Expert & GuideBorn in Chartres in the West Falklands, Jenny grew up on the family farm where her love for animals was nurtured by the25,000 sheep, horses and cows that lived alongside her. Forever a nature, conservation and wildlife enthusiast Jenny has travelled extensively throughout the Falkland Islands, visiting each and every wildlife island at least once, and even travelling around some by yacht. Read more >
- Unique sailing ship experience
- Amazing land, marine and avian wildlife
- Varied landscapes and scenery
- Historical associations
- All meals
- Programmed visits to the islands with a Certified Naturalist Guide
- Snorkelling gear (mask, snorkel and flippers)
- Transfers from the airport to the yacht and return
ITINERARY7 Nights 8 Days
- Day 1 | Santa Cruz Island
- Day 2 | Genovesa
- Day 3 | Bartholomew & Santiago
- Day 4 | Rabida & Santa Cruz
- Day 5 | Mosquera Islet & Punta Carrion
- Day 6 | Plaza Sur & Santa Fe
- Day 7 | Espanola
- Day 8 | Santa Cruz & Baltra
Santa Cruz Island
Bartholomew & Santiago
Rabida & Santa Cruz
Mosquera Islet & Punta Carrion
Plaza Sur & Santa Fe
Dry landing on one of the oldest docks of the Archipelago, colourful Plaza Sur is home to vibrant green prickly pears, deep red sesuvium and coppery-orange land iguanas; impressive seaward cliffs are excellent for a variety of coastal birds.
Arrive at Santa Fe (wet landing) where we will be looking for the endemic species of land iguana, larger and yellower than land iguanas on other islands. The largest prickly pear cacti in the Galapagos are also found here.
Santa Cruz & Baltra
The Fausto Llerena breeding station, also known as the Charles Darwin Research Station was created in 1964. Here, we will see tortoises from different islands. The animals are found in large semi natural pens for their protection, but also to ensure an easy view for the tourists. The pens are divided according to four different stages: eggs, neonates, juveniles (held here until they are mature enough to be "repatriated"), and adults.
After this visit we will take a bus to Baltra airport for the flight to mainland Ecuador.
What Our Customers
• Although we thoroughly enjoyed the Galapagos it was mainland Ecuador which really took us by surprise with such a diversity of landscape and wildlife and incredible hospitality everywhere we went. Our local guides were so knowledgeable and helpful and our driver Manuel had a terrific sense of humour. We had some fantastic birding at both Mashpi, Le Selva and of course our day trip to Paz de Las Aves Reserve where we were lucky enough to see both the ‘Cock of the Rock’ and the giant antipitta. The devil nose train journey was as thrilling as we hoped and we even got lucky with Cotopaxi and got some lovely clear photos so all in all couldn't ask for more.
• This was an excellent trip from start to finish. Bellavista Lodge was a particular favourite of ours, so tranquil and a superb base to watch birds and wildlife while experiencing real Ecuadorian hospitality. Our guide, really knew his stuff and was so passionate about his job ,in fact all the local guides were excellent. I have to say a special word about Juan, our driver, who was so charming and funny, he really added to the overall enjoyment of the trip. The number and variety of birds we saw was amazing and I would have no hesitation in recommending Ecuador to other keen bird watchers.
Fantastic holiday with more wildlife than I was expecting. The Napo Wildlife Centre was wonderful, we were looked after with such care and attention and our guides’ knowledge of the areas’ and flora and fauna was outstanding, what they didn’t know probably wasn’t worth knowing. The food was so varied and they coped amazingly with my food intolerances, better than most European restaurants!!! Waking up to the sound of the howler monkeys will always live with me as will seeing my first Kinkajou, something I’ve wanted to see for a long time. Thank you for an amazing two weeks.
We had an amazing time in the Galapagos, thank you.We really enjoyed ourselves and will certainly come back to you next year.
How WILDFOOT creates your holiday Adventure
Talk to someone who knows. Our specialist consultants are here to help you every step of the way – here’s how..
Talk to a specialist
Visit the wildfoot website for inspiration on your choice of adventures and destinations, then call us and speak to one of our specialists for first hand advice. We can start the planning process straight away, if you are ready.
Create your personal
Your specialist consultant will set the ball rolling and work with you to choose the right itinerary (and the right ship, if you are going to the arctic or antarctic) just for you, to suit your requirements and budget.
Help right up
We will answer any questions about your trip that may arise and, when you have paid your balance (12-15 weeks prior to departure), we will send you your detailed itinerary and go through it with you.
We are still there for you even when you have left home – our partners overseas are there to assist, especially for emergencies and you can contact us at any time in the uk by e-mail or telephone.