Complete Galapagos 17 days
Complete Galapagos 17 days aboard Yolita
This really is the ultimate Galapagos itinerary, taking in all the main islands with unlimited opportunities for wildlife viewing and encounters and enjoying the beautiful and dramatic scenery. Flights from and to Quito plus pre and post hotels are also included.
Note. this tour is not available during November 2017
- Spectacular wildlife viewing
- Beautiful and varied scenery
- Arrival transfer
- Certified Galápagos National Park Service Guide
- Cruise the Galápagos Islands aboard the Yolita (7 nts)
- All meals aboard the Yolita
- Excursion to see red-footed boobies (Genovesa Island)
- Hike to the Bartolomé Island viewpoint overlooking the famous Pinnacle Rock
- Sierra Negra Hike (Isabela Island)
- Chance to see flightless cormorants and penguins (Isabela Island)
- Spot frigatebirds and blue-footed boobies (North Seymour Island)
- Snorkelling at Kicker Rock, Devil's Crown, Lobos Island and Gardner Bay
- Excursion to see giant tortoises in the wild (Santa Cruz Island)
- Visit to Post Office Bay (Floreana Island)
- Onboard snorkelling equipment and wetsuits while aboard the Yolita
- Internal flights
- Two nights' hotel accommodation in Quito
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
ITINERARY16 Nights 17 Days
- 1 | Quito
- 2 | Baltra, Santa Cruz
- 3 | Genovesa Island
- 4 | Bartholemew and Santiago Islands
- 5 | Isabela Island
- 6 | Isabela Island
- 7 | Isabela & Fernandina Islands
- 8 | Rabida Island
- 9 | Daphne & North Seymour Islands
- 10 | San Cristobel
- 11 | Espanola Island
- 12 | Santa Fe & South Plaza Islands
- 13 | Santa Cruz Island
- 14 | Floreana Island
- 15 | Chinese Hat & Cerro Dragon
- 16-17 | Black Turtle Cove & Quito
Arrive at any time and transfer to city centre hotel
Baltra, Santa Cruz
Take an early flight to the Galápagos Islands and transfer to Puerto Ayora and board the ship. Head to Bachas Beach to see Sally Lightfoot crabs, flamingos and sea lions.
Visit Darwin Bay and marvel at the sheer number of birds along the many trails. Head to El Barranco in the afternoon to see the many types of boobies, including red-footed boobies.
Bartholemew and Santiago Islands
Visit Bartolomé for a guided tour to see the island's dramatic volcanic features. Continue to Sullivan Bay on Santiago Island to witness the giant lava formations contrasting the white-coral-sand beach.
Early landing in the small town of Puerto Villamil before beginning the hike to the Sierra Negra Volcano, which has the largest basaltic caldera in the Galápagos. In the afternoon, explore the tortoise breeding centre in the Puerto Villamil area.
Pay a morning visit to Elizabeth Bay which offers amazing bird and marine life viewing opportunities. Head out on the pangas and explore the shallows and mangroves to look for sea turtles and penguins. Visit Urbina Bay, located at the base of Alcedo Volcano. Hike the trail to get a view of the caldera and watch for land iguanas along the way.
Isabela & Fernandina Islands
Stop for a visit at Tagus Cove and hike to a lookout to get a stunning view of the bay. Spot old graffiti on the cliffs from whalers and pirates who once visited the the cove. Continue to Punta Espinoza on Fernandina, the youngest of the Galápagos Islands. Witness the large colony of marine iguanas and a variety of bird life.
Take a morning excursion to the red sand beaches of Rábida to see a lagoon and sea lion colony. in the afternoon, visit Playa Espumilla, one of the most idyllic beaches in the Galápagos Islands and home to thick mangroves and flamingo and sea turtle nesting sites.
Daphne & North Seymour Islands
Visit Daphne, a tiny conical island, home to nesting blue-footed boobies, frigatebirds, Darwin's finches, and other wonderful wildlife. In the afternoon, visit North Seymour Island to look out for blue-footed Boobies.
Morning landing at Cerro Brujo on San Cristóbal to observe sea lions, marine iguanas, and seabirds along the beach. Continue to the dramatic Kicker Rock in the afternoon to witness the steep vertical stone walls rising from the ocean and some of the best snorkelling in the Galápagos. In the afternoon, head to Isla Lobos known for its friendly sea lions.
Sail in to Gardner Bay, an excellent swimming and snorkelling site. Head to Punta Suarez on Española Island. The southernmost island in the Galápagos archipelago is home to several wildlife species, including masked and blue-footed boobies. A hike to the top of the cliff makes for spectacular photo opportunities.
Santa Fe & South Plaza Islands
Visit Santa Fe island for a chance to mingle with the iguanas and white tipped sharks. Continue to South Plaza for some great bird watching opportunities.
Santa Cruz Island
Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station to see the giant Galápagos tortoises and go on an excursion to the Santa Cruz Highlands. Free time for shopping or exploration of Puerto Ayora.
This morning, snorkel at Devil's Crown, a coral reef surrounded by an eroded volcanic crater, the perfect home for marine life. Look out for small sharks, rays and schools of tropical fish. In the afternoon, make sure you have a postcard to leave behind on a visit to Post Office Bay.
Chinese Hat & Cerro Dragon
Visit the white sand beach at Chinese Hat in the morning, before an afternoon at Cerro Dragón for an opportunity to break out the binoculars and do some excellent birdwatching.
Black Turtle Cove & Quito
Explore the mangrove lagoon at Black Turtle Cove. In the afternoon, transfer for a flight back to Quito for one last night on the town.
On day 17, depart at any time
What Our Customers
• Although we thoroughly enjoyed the Galapagos it was mainland Ecuador which really took us by surprise with such a diversity of landscape and wildlife and incredible hospitality everywhere we went. Our local guides were so knowledgeable and helpful and our driver Manuel had a terrific sense of humour. We had some fantastic birding at both Mashpi, Le Selva and of course our day trip to Paz de Las Aves Reserve where we were lucky enough to see both the ‘Cock of the Rock’ and the giant antipitta. The devil nose train journey was as thrilling as we hoped and we even got lucky with Cotopaxi and got some lovely clear photos so all in all couldn't ask for more.
• This was an excellent trip from start to finish. Bellavista Lodge was a particular favourite of ours, so tranquil and a superb base to watch birds and wildlife while experiencing real Ecuadorian hospitality. Our guide, really knew his stuff and was so passionate about his job ,in fact all the local guides were excellent. I have to say a special word about Juan, our driver, who was so charming and funny, he really added to the overall enjoyment of the trip. The number and variety of birds we saw was amazing and I would have no hesitation in recommending Ecuador to other keen bird watchers.
Fantastic holiday with more wildlife than I was expecting. The Napo Wildlife Centre was wonderful, we were looked after with such care and attention and our guides’ knowledge of the areas’ and flora and fauna was outstanding, what they didn’t know probably wasn’t worth knowing. The food was so varied and they coped amazingly with my food intolerances, better than most European restaurants!!! Waking up to the sound of the howler monkeys will always live with me as will seeing my first Kinkajou, something I’ve wanted to see for a long time. Thank you for an amazing two weeks.
We had an amazing time in the Galapagos, thank you.We really enjoyed ourselves and will certainly come back to you next year.
How WILDFOOT creates your holiday Adventure
Talk to someone who knows. Our specialist consultants are here to help you every step of the way – here’s how..
Talk to a specialist
Visit the wildfoot website for inspiration on your choice of adventures and destinations, then call us and speak to one of our specialists for first hand advice. We can start the planning process straight away, if you are ready.
Create your personal
Your specialist consultant will set the ball rolling and work with you to choose the right itinerary (and the right ship, if you are going to the arctic or antarctic) just for you, to suit your requirements and budget.
Help right up
We will answer any questions about your trip that may arise and, when you have paid your balance (12-15 weeks prior to departure), we will send you your detailed itinerary and go through it with you.
We are still there for you even when you have left home – our partners overseas are there to assist, especially for emergencies and you can contact us at any time in the uk by e-mail or telephone.