Galapagos Dive Special
JOIN 'THE URBAN BIRDER' David Lindo IN ANTARCTICA!
JOIN 'THE URBAN BIRDER' David Lindo IN ANTARCTICA!
Galapagos Dive Special 8 days aboard Galapagos Sky
This specialised live-aboard sailing offers the best of all diving worlds in the Galapagos, with up to 19 dives including the rarely visited Darwin and Wolf Islands. There are also three guided land excursions.
Please note recommended requirements 50-100 open water dives, experience in currents, ability to remove gear in water, getting in and out of small boats/Zodiacs in choppy seas.
- Spectacular marine wildlife
- Open water diving
- Dive off rarely visited Darwin & Wolf Islands
- Land wildlife and birds
- Full board accommodation on baord boat
- Air or nitrox filled tanks, weight belt
- Up to 4 dives per day on 5 days
- 3 land excursions
- Transfers between airport and dock
WILDFOOT Travel are offering a FREE pair of Quality binoculars per booking!*
*Conditions apply: Register your enquiry by 15 June 2017 for travel anytime up to and including February 2019! Not in conjunction with any other offer.
ITINERARY7 Nights 8 Days
- Day 1 | San Cristobel, Los Lobos
- Day 2 | Bartolome and Cousins
- Day 3-5 | Wolf and Darwin Islands
- Day 6 | Fernandina and Isabela Islands
- Day 7 | Isla Pinzon and Santa Cruz
- Day 8 | San Cristobel
San Cristobel, Los Lobos
Arrive on San Cristobel island and transfer to boat.
This afternoon, experience a check dive off Isla Lobos and see some of the beautiful underwater world as you play with sea lions and fur seals.
Bartolome and Cousins
Today, we take a walk on Bartolome and climb to the top of the hill for long, spectacular views. Depending on conditions, we hope to snorkel with penguins here.
This afternoon, we dive off Cousins Rocks to see corals, frog fish, sea horses, scorpion fish and octopus. Also expect schools of barracuda and hammerhead sharks as well as sea lions.
Wolf and Darwin Islands
These islands offer some of the best diving in the world with the addition of whale sharks from mid-May to November.
Darwin is warmer than the central islands and in one dive you can encounter schooling hammerheads, Galapagos sharks, pods of dolphins, schools of skipjack and yellowfin tuna, mobula rays and silky sharks. Also possibly tiger sharks, black and blue marlin and orca. These are on top of the most amazing variety of tropical fish.
On Wolf, there are numerous dive sites with common sightings of dolphins, tuna, sharks, spotted eagle rays and hundreds of moray eels. On a night dive, spot the red-lipped bat fish walk along the bottom.
Fernandina and Isabela Islands
We dive at Cabo Douglas on Fernandina Island, where highlights are marine iguanas and flightless cormorants. Also expect to see Galapagos penguins, sea lions sea horses, horn sharks and red-lipped batfish and lots more, including snapper, barracuda and sharks.
Two more dives later in cold water at Punta Vicente Roca on Isabela Island. Regular sightings here of mola mola, bullhead sharks and various marine invertebrates. From the Zodiac, look out for flightless cormorants, marine iguanas, blue-footed and Nazca boobies, magnificent frigatebirds, noddy terns and more.
Isla Pinzon and Santa Cruz
A morning dive for encounters with sharks, manta and eagle rays, moray eels and myriad tropical fish.
Later, land on Sanata Cruz and take a bus to the highlands to visit a giant tortoise reserve. The down to the main town of Puerto Ayora.
In the evening, reboard for the night sailing back to San Cristobel.
Visit the Interpretation Centre in the morning, then transfer to airport for flight back to the mainland.
What Our Customers
• Although we thoroughly enjoyed the Galapagos it was mainland Ecuador which really took us by surprise with such a diversity of landscape and wildlife and incredible hospitality everywhere we went. Our local guides were so knowledgeable and helpful and our driver Manuel had a terrific sense of humour. We had some fantastic birding at both Mashpi, Le Selva and of course our day trip to Paz de Las Aves Reserve where we were lucky enough to see both the ‘Cock of the Rock’ and the giant antipitta. The devil nose train journey was as thrilling as we hoped and we even got lucky with Cotopaxi and got some lovely clear photos so all in all couldn't ask for more.
• This was an excellent trip from start to finish. Bellavista Lodge was a particular favourite of ours, so tranquil and a superb base to watch birds and wildlife while experiencing real Ecuadorian hospitality. Our guide, really knew his stuff and was so passionate about his job ,in fact all the local guides were excellent. I have to say a special word about Juan, our driver, who was so charming and funny, he really added to the overall enjoyment of the trip. The number and variety of birds we saw was amazing and I would have no hesitation in recommending Ecuador to other keen bird watchers.
Fantastic holiday with more wildlife than I was expecting. The Napo Wildlife Centre was wonderful, we were looked after with such care and attention and our guides’ knowledge of the areas’ and flora and fauna was outstanding, what they didn’t know probably wasn’t worth knowing. The food was so varied and they coped amazingly with my food intolerances, better than most European restaurants!!! Waking up to the sound of the howler monkeys will always live with me as will seeing my first Kinkajou, something I’ve wanted to see for a long time. Thank you for an amazing two weeks.
We had an amazing time in the Galapagos, thank you.We really enjoyed ourselves and will certainly come back to you next year.
How WILDFOOT creates your holiday Adventure
Talk to someone who knows. Our specialist consultants are here to help you every step of the way – here’s how..
Talk to a specialist
Visit the wildfoot website for inspiration on your choice of adventures and destinations, then call us and speak to one of our specialists for first hand advice. We can start the planning process straight away, if you are ready.
Create your personal
Your specialist consultant will set the ball rolling and work with you to choose the right itinerary (and the right ship, if you are going to the arctic or antarctic) just for you, to suit your requirements and budget.
Help right up
We will answer any questions about your trip that may arise and, when you have paid your balance (12-15 weeks prior to departure), we will send you your detailed itinerary and go through it with you.
We are still there for you even when you have left home – our partners overseas are there to assist, especially for emergencies and you can contact us at any time in the uk by e-mail or telephone.