A Taste of Galapagos
JOIN 'THE URBAN BIRDER' David Lindo IN ANTARCTICA!
JOIN 'THE URBAN BIRDER' David Lindo IN ANTARCTICA!
Galapagos – South, East & Central Islands (North & Central Islands also Available)
The Galapagos Islands are a true wildlife paradise with not only rare and unique species, but complete accessibility. The birds, animals and reptiles here have no fear of humans and your expert naturalist guide will allow you to enjoy amazing close encounters both on land and at sea, either snorkelling or diving. This exciting itinerary, starting and finishing in the fascinating city of Quito, takes you to different islands on board the comfortable Queen of Galapagos, a specialist boat for just 16 passengers. Please note - This itinerary books out quickly and has limited space. Please enquire early!
- Time to explore Quito and its Old Town, a Unesco World Heritage Site
- Nature cruise with marine & wildlife close encounters
- Expert naturalist guide onboard offering guidance & briefings
- Intimate, friendly atmosphere on board
Walking, panga/zodiac cruises & snorkelling every day
- 7 Nights Galapagos Cruise experience, including all meals
- 2 Nights Deluxe Hotel stay in Quito (1 night either side of your cruise)
- Flights from Quito to Galapagos Islands return
- All landings, excursions & transportation within the itinerary
- Arrival transfer from Quito Airport to hotel.
- Certified Galapagos National Park Service guide
- Snorkelling equipment
- Visit to wildlife interpretation centre
ITINERARY9 Nights 10 Days
- Day 1 | Arrival Transfer from Quito Airport to Deluxe Hotel
- Day 2 | Fly to San Cristobel island and transfer to Queen of Galapagos
- Days 3-8 | Cruise South, East and Central Galapagos Islands.
- Day 9 | From San Cristobel Island, fly to Quito and transfer to hotel
- Day 10 | Depart Quito for onward or return travel
Arrival transfer from Quito Airport
Arrive Quito and transfer to your central hotel. A group welcome meeting will be arranged with your representative at the hotel that evening detailing important information. You will have the rest of the afternoon and evening to enjoy the vibrant atmosphere and cobbled streets of this Unesco World Heritage Site.
Flight to San Cristobal, Galapagos
After breakfast, early morning group transfer to Airport for flight to San Cristobal Island. $120 per person National Park fee to be paid on arrival. Transfer to your vessel. After orientation and safety drill enjoy lunch on the way to Isla Lobos. Snorkel with sealions and observe your first frigate birds and blue-footed boobies.
South Plaza Island & Seymour Island
Morning landing at South Plaza Island home to colourful land iguanas. Walk through cactus forest and mixed vegetation. Good birding with red-billed tropicbirds and swallow tailed gulls resting on the cliffs, plus juvenile sea lions playing in the waves. Afternoon at Seymour for excellent photography - get close to sea lions, blue-footed boobies, frigatebirds and marine iguanas. Walking and snorkelling
Chinese Hat Island
Morning landing at eponymous Chinese Hat Island, great for snorkelling with sealions and penguins. Beautiful volcanic landscape and white-coral sand beach. Afternoon at Bachas Beach on Santa Cruz Island. Seasonal sea turtle nesting site and abundant Sally Lightfoot crabs on the lava rocks along the water’s edge. Many bird species including flamingos and black-necked stilts.
Morning in lively Puerto Ayora. Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station and see conserved giant tortoises. Free time to explore - see the fish market or do some souvenir shopping. Afternoon excursion to Santa Cruz’s verdant highlands and the El Chato Giant Tortoise Reserve, lava tunnels and lagoon. Opportunities of spotting owls.
Morning landing at Punta Cormorant, Floreana Island for guided walk to observe penguins and marine iguanas. Discover a green sand beach, coloured by olivine crystals, and then white sand Flour Beach. Amazing snorkelling with tropical fish, rays, reef sharks and sea turtles. Afternoon, visit Post Office Bay with its historic barrel post box – continue the tradition and leave or pick up mail yourself for posting! Later, visit lava tubes, descending 80 metres to the sea.
Morning landing at Punta Suarez on Espanola, nesting site for waved albatross (April-December) plus boobies, Galapagos hawk, finches and endemic mockingbirds. Later to Gardner Bay with its long sandy beach - sea birds, sealions and marine iguanas. Superb snorkelling with large schools of yellow-tailed surgeonfish, king angelfish, bump-head parrot-fish and more.
San Cristobal Island & Kicker Rock
Landing at Cerro Brujo, San Cristobal Island - sea lions and marine iguanas plus flamingos in the nearby lagoon. Afternoon, sail to the iconic Kicker Rock for spectacular snorkelling with sharks, turtles, rays and tropical fish. One of the highlights of the cruise.
Flight back to Quito
Visit the Interpretation Centre before a group transfer to San Cristobal Airport for the flight back to Quito. You will be met with a transfer in Quito to your hotel for the last night’s stay and further opportunity to explore Quito.
Depart hotel after breakfast for onward or return travel. Transfer to airport included.
If you need extra transfer, onward flights or extensions to your itinerary Wild Foot Travel can arrange this for you.
What Our Customers
• Although we thoroughly enjoyed the Galapagos it was mainland Ecuador which really took us by surprise with such a diversity of landscape and wildlife and incredible hospitality everywhere we went. Our local guides were so knowledgeable and helpful and our driver Manuel had a terrific sense of humour. We had some fantastic birding at both Mashpi, Le Selva and of course our day trip to Paz de Las Aves Reserve where we were lucky enough to see both the ‘Cock of the Rock’ and the giant antipitta. The devil nose train journey was as thrilling as we hoped and we even got lucky with Cotopaxi and got some lovely clear photos so all in all couldn't ask for more.
• This was an excellent trip from start to finish. Bellavista Lodge was a particular favourite of ours, so tranquil and a superb base to watch birds and wildlife while experiencing real Ecuadorian hospitality. Our guide, really knew his stuff and was so passionate about his job ,in fact all the local guides were excellent. I have to say a special word about Juan, our driver, who was so charming and funny, he really added to the overall enjoyment of the trip. The number and variety of birds we saw was amazing and I would have no hesitation in recommending Ecuador to other keen bird watchers.
Fantastic holiday with more wildlife than I was expecting. The Napo Wildlife Centre was wonderful, we were looked after with such care and attention and our guides’ knowledge of the areas’ and flora and fauna was outstanding, what they didn’t know probably wasn’t worth knowing. The food was so varied and they coped amazingly with my food intolerances, better than most European restaurants!!! Waking up to the sound of the howler monkeys will always live with me as will seeing my first Kinkajou, something I’ve wanted to see for a long time. Thank you for an amazing two weeks.
We had an amazing time in the Galapagos, thank you.We really enjoyed ourselves and will certainly come back to you next year.
How WILDFOOT creates your holiday Adventure
Talk to someone who knows. Our specialist consultants are here to help you every step of the way – here’s how..
Talk to a specialist
Visit the wildfoot website for inspiration on your choice of adventures and destinations, then call us and speak to one of our specialists for first hand advice. We can start the planning process straight away, if you are ready.
Create your personal
Your specialist consultant will set the ball rolling and work with you to choose the right itinerary (and the right ship, if you are going to the arctic or antarctic) just for you, to suit your requirements and budget.
Help right up
We will answer any questions about your trip that may arise and, when you have paid your balance (12-15 weeks prior to departure), we will send you your detailed itinerary and go through it with you.
We are still there for you even when you have left home – our partners overseas are there to assist, especially for emergencies and you can contact us at any time in the uk by e-mail or telephone.