Galapagos & Ecuador Wildlife Spectacular
Galapagos & Ecuador Wildlife Spectacular
This trip offers the best of the Galapagos and mainland Ecuador with time spent in World Heritage Quito Old Town, the Antisana Reserve in the central Andes and the wildlife rich Cloud Forest. Your Galapagos experience is truly special with seven nights spent on board the sailing ship Mary Ann travelling around the eastern islands (with an option to sail the western islands instead, or both) with daily landings and snorkelling to get close to birds and wildlife. A truly memorable wildlife, scenic and cultural itinerary.
- Unique Galapagos Sailing Experience, Marine & Wildlife Spectacular
- Bellavista Lodge, Birding & Wildlife experience high in Ecuador’s Cloud Forest
- Historic Treasures in Quito Old Town A Unesco World Heritage Site
- Breathtaking Scenic Andes Tours - Vistas & Wildlife at Altitude
- 7 Nights on board Galapagos sail cruise, All transfers, all meals, naturalist guide, landings, daily guided nature hikes, snorkelling, kayaking & Panga cruises
- Return flights Between Quito and Galapagos Islands
- 2 Nights Galapagos Post cruise Finch Bay Eco Hotel B&B. Transfers
- Historic Quito 3 Night stay B&B basis and Half Day Old City tour.
- 2 x Full Day Private guided tours to Antisana & Cotopaxi inc Pack lunch
- Bellavista Lodge 2 Night Package inc. Transfers from & to Quito, All meals, Shared naturalist guides
- Private transfers to and from Quito Airport for international Arrival & Departure
ITINERARY15 Nights 16 Days
- Day 1 | Arrive Quito Airport Afternoon. Quito Stay 1 Night B&B
- Day 2 - 8 | AM flight to Galapagos for 7 Night Cruise
- Day 9 - 10 | Galapagos Stay at Finch Bay Eco Hotel 2 Nights B&B
- Day 11 - 13 | 3 Nights Quito Heritage stay with 2 Full Day Andes Tours
- Day 14 -15 | Bellavista Lodge Cloud Forrest 2 Night Stay
- Day 16 | Afternoon. Transfer to Quito Airport for your international Flight home
Arrive Quito Airport Afternoon. Quito Stay 1 Night B&B
Private transfers from Quito Airport to The Patio Andaluz Hotel located in the heart of Historic Quito old town. You will have the rest of the afternoon and evening to enjoy the vibrant atmosphere and cobbled streets of this Unesco World Heritage Site.
Flight to Galapagos for 7 Night Cruise
After breakfast, transfer to Quito Airport for flight to Baltra Island. Crossing to Santa Cruz for guided drive across to Puerto Ayora to join Mary Ann. After briefings and lunch, visit Black Turtle Cove for your first wildlife encounters with herons, pelicans and turtles in the mangrove lagoon
Genovesa Island. Here, at Darwin Bay, walk amongst seals, nesting red-footed boobies, gulls and great frigatebirds as you traverse the shoreline amongst the lava rocks and pools. Afternoon, climb Prince Phillip’s Steps for a cliff walk amongst nesting Nazca boobies, storm petrels and other birds. Look out especially for short-eared owls.
Morning visit to Bartoleme Island to climb the volcano for spectacular views to Pinnacle Rock and Santiago Island. Later, land on Sullivan Bay on Santiago for lava walking watching for herons and penguins diving for fish in the surf. Snorkelling to see rays, turtles, sharks and tropical fish.
Mars on Earth
A morning landing on the red sand beach of Rabida Island. Walk to the saltwater lagoon looking for rare mockingbirds and Darwin’s finches plus yellow warblers. Pelicans nest here too. Sail across to Cerro Dragon to see flamingos and other birds along with an amazing land iguana nesting site. Snorkelling to time too.
A day spent on Santa Cruz. Walk in the lush highlands and visit a giant tortoise reserve and lava tunnels. Look out for Galapagos hawk and vermillion flycatcher. Later, in Puerto Ayora, walk to the Charles Darwin Research Centre to learn about tortoises and iguanas from different islands.
Land on South Plaza, home to coppery coloured land iguanas amongst the prickly pears and deep red sesuvium. Also, lots of birds and sealions. Later, land on Santa to see endemic yellow iguanas and sealions plus land and sea birds. Snorkelling to see rays, turtles, sharks and tropical fish.
Espanola is the only island with nesting waved albatrosses (April-December). Get close up to these and blue-footed and Nazca boobies as well as brightly coloured iguanas. Climb to the viewpoint to watch the spectacular blowhole and look out for the endemic Espanola mockingbird. Snorkelling time too.
Disembark at Puerto Ayora and take a water transfer to the first class Finch Bay Eco Hotel. Explore the numerous nature walks to the beaches, feeling at one with nature and wildlife all around you or just relax by the pool after your exciting island expedition.
Patio Andaluz Hotel
Transfer to Baltra Airport for your flight to Quito. Met with a private transfer to the Patio Andaluz Hotel three nights with breakfast included.
Cotopaxi National Park
Two exciting private full day tours high in The Andes, to the Antisana Ecological Reserve and Cotopaxi National Park. Spectacular views and volcanic scenery combined with good birding – see condors, variable hawks, Andean lapwing and more. In the evenings, enjoy the restaurants and atmosphere of the Old Town.
Bellavista Reserve Lodge
Early morning drive high into the Ecuadorean Cloud Forest to stay at Bellavista Reserve Lodge for two nights. This conservation reserve is amazingly rich in birdlife with 100s of species, including 14 of hummingbird alone, to be seen from numerous nature trails. Look out for the local cock-of-the-rock amongst lush vegetation.
After an opportunity of an early morning refreshing hike and breakfast we will transfer you back to Quito Airport for onward or return travel.
Your Itinerary Accommodation
Patio Andaluz Hotel, Quito
Ideally located deep in the old town, this Boutique style hotel is an ideal location to explore the culture, history and vibrant restaurants and bars.
Located deep in the old town and cobbled streets of Quito this small & friendly boutique hotel was converted some years ago from an original colonial style house. Nestled just 150 meters from the main square, Independence Plaza and 7 minutes walk to from the Square of San Francisco this authentic hotel could not be better placed. The El Rinco de Cantuna Restaurant offers excellent Ecuadorian, Spanish and international cuisine Suites and 21 Standard rooms.
Finch Bay Eco Hotel, Puerto Ayora
Award winning Finch Bay Eco Hotel, Ideal wildlife retreat, secluded area of Puerto Ayora, steps away from the beach.
Located virtually on the beach in a secluded corner across the bay from Puerto Ayora this is an ideal relaxing location to either immerse yourself in to Galapagos Island life pre or post cruise or as a base to explore the islands at your own pace. A choice of 6 Ocean View and 21 Garden view rooms all with air conditioning, balconies with natural surroundings. Take a nature walk to one of two beaches, get close and up front to wildlife and bird life which surrounds the reserve or enjoy a quiet moment by the private outdoor pool. Puerto Ayora and its bars and restaurants is just a short walk or sea taxi away. Snorkeling equipment available. Sea Kayaks, daily excursions with naturalist guides on land or a flout available at extra cost.
Bellavista Reserve Eco Lodge
Bellavista Reserve Lodge is well located only 145 minutes drive from the center of Quito. A must for wildlife, birding and hiking. Economy to superior accommodation with shared or naturalist guides specializing in anything from orchids to butterflies & bird life.
High in Ecuador’s Cloud Forest offering over 700 hectares of private conservation reserve and located in the Mindo region. Bellavista Lodge is one of the most remarkable places in the world for colourful bird life and orchids. Hike up streams to hidden waterfalls on 10 kms of nature walks graded from easy to genuine adventure. Access to shared (or private at extra cost) naturalist guides who will accompany small groups to observe 100’s of bird species particular to this region including Cock of the Rock and up to 14 species of humming bird at close range at feeders.
What Our Customers
• Although we thoroughly enjoyed the Galapagos it was mainland Ecuador which really took us by surprise with such a diversity of landscape and wildlife and incredible hospitality everywhere we went. Our local guides were so knowledgeable and helpful and our driver Manuel had a terrific sense of humour. We had some fantastic birding at both Mashpi, Le Selva and of course our day trip to Paz de Las Aves Reserve where we were lucky enough to see both the ‘Cock of the Rock’ and the giant antipitta. The devil nose train journey was as thrilling as we hoped and we even got lucky with Cotopaxi and got some lovely clear photos so all in all couldn't ask for more.
• This was an excellent trip from start to finish. Bellavista Lodge was a particular favourite of ours, so tranquil and a superb base to watch birds and wildlife while experiencing real Ecuadorian hospitality. Our guide, really knew his stuff and was so passionate about his job ,in fact all the local guides were excellent. I have to say a special word about Juan, our driver, who was so charming and funny, he really added to the overall enjoyment of the trip. The number and variety of birds we saw was amazing and I would have no hesitation in recommending Ecuador to other keen bird watchers.
Fantastic holiday with more wildlife than I was expecting. The Napo Wildlife Centre was wonderful, we were looked after with such care and attention and our guides’ knowledge of the areas’ and flora and fauna was outstanding, what they didn’t know probably wasn’t worth knowing. The food was so varied and they coped amazingly with my food intolerances, better than most European restaurants!!! Waking up to the sound of the howler monkeys will always live with me as will seeing my first Kinkajou, something I’ve wanted to see for a long time. Thank you for an amazing two weeks.
We had an amazing time in the Galapagos, thank you.We really enjoyed ourselves and will certainly come back to you next year.
How WILDFOOT creates your holiday Adventure
Talk to someone who knows. Our specialist consultants are here to help you every step of the way – here’s how..
Talk to a specialist
Visit the wildfoot website for inspiration on your choice of adventures and destinations, then call us and speak to one of our specialists for first hand advice. We can start the planning process straight away, if you are ready.
Create your personal
Your specialist consultant will set the ball rolling and work with you to choose the right itinerary (and the right ship, if you are going to the arctic or antarctic) just for you, to suit your requirements and budget.
Help right up
We will answer any questions about your trip that may arise and, when you have paid your balance (12-15 weeks prior to departure), we will send you your detailed itinerary and go through it with you.
We are still there for you even when you have left home – our partners overseas are there to assist, especially for emergencies and you can contact us at any time in the uk by e-mail or telephone.